Do you ever feel like you are in a rut? There are times when our dinners look like that, especially when we tend to rotate through the same four vegetable options from the freezer. A recent trip to Costco had me bringing other options home and Bacon Garlic Roasted Brussel Sprouts with Balsamic Glaze was born!
Note ~ for your convenience, there are a few affiliate links in this post to help you get everything you need to make this dish!
We’d tried roasted brussel sprouts in the past, but had kept them simple with just a toss of olive oil and salt. While they were okay, I just felt like there had to be a way to add some favorite flavors like bacon and garlic to come up with something more appealing to the boys.
I found several different recipes, including this one I pinned for Roasted Garlic Brussel Sprouts, and decided to weave aspects of them into a final product.
I highly recommend a good cast iron skillet to make this dish. That way you can saute items and then pop the entire thing into the oven to finish cooking. Our family’s preference is Lodge Cast Iron as they are high quality and made in the USA.
To me, balsamic vinegar speaks of Mediterranean cooking. Yet, the final product had my husband and boys thinking Asian.
Any way you choose to describe it, the verdict was yum!
Does your family enjoy eating brussel sprouts?
I’m part of a group of bloggers that remakes pins we find on Pinterest to make them our own. For more fun Pinterest Remakes projects, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Homemade Febreze for Spring Freshness by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Spring Rolls with Black Bean Noodles by Upstate Ramblings
- Easter Oreo Fudge Recipe by Mom Always Finds Out
- Beef Enchilada Casserole by Just 2 Sisters
- DIY Lavender Hand Soap by Home and Garden Cafe
- Homemade Strawberry Vinegar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Blueberry Banana Oatmeal Bowl by Sincerely Mindy
- Carrot Patch Brownie Bowls by Sugar, Spice and Family Life
- Easter Eggs Coloring Page Free Printable by Baby Loving Mama
- Simple Italian Pot Roast by The Guavalicious Life