Quite a while back, I shared a favorite family recipe for chocolate chip pumpkin cake. Today, I was inspired to make a double batch into pumpkin chocolate chip muffins to help stock the freezer for a quick breakfast treat or a snack. What a fabulous aroma in the kitchen on a blustery day here in Alaska!
Making them is super, duper easy to do. You will find the recipe after these photos from our recent baking process. Just alter the baking time based on the muffin size (mini, regular, extra large, or muffin top.)
A cup of tea helps to complete a wonderful snack.
- 3 cups flour
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups sugar
- 1 cup oil
- 1 can pumpkin (small can)
- 12 oz. chocolate chips
- 2 tsp. cinnamon
- 2 tsp. baking soda
- 2 tsp. baking powder
- 1 tsp. salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Mix all the ingredients by hand, folding in the chocolate chips at the end.
- Pour into a greased tube pan.
- Bake for 22 to 26 minutes or until toothpick comes out clean.
What do YOU like to bake when fall arrives?
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- Deck the Halls with a Disney Planes Inspired Garland - December 22, 2014
- 40 Days of Seeking Him: Last Week of Advent - December 21, 2014
- Listen to Music for Advent While Preparing for Christmas - December 19, 2014
- Freedom to be Spontaneous in Your Marital Relationship - December 18, 2014
- Happy Anniversary Rudolph! #Giveaway - December 17, 2014