I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Ah, fall… With drops in temperatures here in the United States, there is also a rush of products featuring pumpkin. Count me in on loving this infusion of squash into my diet. This Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream provides a different take on the delectable squash.
How to Make Creamy Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream
Beyond being tasty, I love how easy this dessert is to whip together.
And if you’ve never merged pumpkin with maple, you are in for a treat.
When it comes to making homemade whip cream, I am a bit partial to a stick blender. Most of them come with a tall cup that works wonderfully for this task.
Creamy pumpkin mousse paired with maple whipped cream.
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 6 T. real maple syrup, divided
- 1 15-oz. can pumpkin purée (not pumpkin pie filling)
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened, cubed
- 2 T. pumpkin pie spice
- 1 t. real vanilla extract
- 1/3 c. half & half
- Pecan halves
- Ground cinnamon, for dusting
- Ginger Snap cookies, for serving
1. Using a hand mixer, beat the heavy whipping cream in a large bowl until it doubles in size. Add 2 tablespoons of maple syrup and continue beating until light and fluffy. Cover and place in the refrigerator until ready to use.
2. Beat the pumpkin purée, cream cheese, pumpkin pie
spice, vanilla extract, half &half, and remaining maple syrup in a large mixing bowl with a hand mixer until thoroughly blended.
3. Taste and adjust seasonings, as desired, and transfer
to individual dessert bowls. Cover and place in the refrigerator to chill for at least 1 hour.
4. When you are ready to serve, remove from refrigerator and top with maple whipped cream, pecans, and a sprinkle of ground cinnamon, if desired. Enjoy!
Ginger snaps make an excellent side to this dish. I just look for ones that are gluten-free.
Who in your house would adore this Pumpkin Mousse with Maple Whipped Cream?
Find more Dessert Ideas Here:
Pin for Later!