I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
We all live busy lives. Spending hours in the kitchen each day seems impossible. Yet, your family wants to eat. Here’s a quick dinner solution for Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo. It’s easy enough to make that your kids can help or do it!
Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
The enduring appeal of classic Alfredo sauce lies in its simplicity. Featuring a luxurious blend of heavy cream, real butter, and freshly grated Parmesan cheese, traditional Alfredo sauce delivers incredibly rich flavor without a lot of fuss.
This version builds upon the classic ingredients with the addition of rich cream cheese and fresh garlic. In addition, the heavy cream is replaced with a lighter blend of half & half and chicken broth.
The results? A creamy, delicious and easy sauce that appears much more complicated than it actually is. This one is sure to become a new family favorite!
For those of us living a gluten-free lifestyle, you can find many options of pasta made from things like rice or beans. The Miracle Noodle soaks up whatever flavor your sauce has. And, I can imagine the sweet potato based pasta to go well with an alfredo sauce.
Here are a few suggestions:
Viviana Certified Gluten-Free Sweet Potato Fettuccine, 8 OunceExplore Cuisine Fettuccini, Organic Edamame & Mung Bean, 8 Oz (Pack Of 6)Sam Mills Pasta D’Oro Gluten Free Fusilli, 1-Pound (Pack of 6)Ronzoni Gluten Free Rotini Pasta (3 Pack)Miracle Noodle Shirataki Zero Carb, Gluten Free Fettuccini, 7 Ounce (Pack of 6)
Recipe for Creamy Chicken and Broccoli Alfredo
- 1 lb. fettuccine noodles, cooked according to package directions
- 1 rotisserie chicken, meat removed and torn into bite-sized pieces
- 1 head fresh broccoli florets (reserve stalk and stems for another use) - or 1 12 oz. bag frozen broccoli florets
- 2 T. water
- Sauce Ingredients:
- 1 c. butter
- 4 cloves fresh garlic, peeled and finely minced
- 8 oz. cream cheese, softened
- 1¼ c. half & half (not low fat),
- ½ c. chicken broth
- salt and pepper to taste,
- 1 c. Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- I small bunch fresh parsley, chopped
- additional freshly grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
- Tip: To prevent curdling, remove half and half from refrigerator when starting this recipe so it is less cold when added to the hot ingredients.
- Cook the fettuccine while preparing the sauce so the noodles are still warm when ready to toss with the other ingredients.
- Prepare broccoli by placing florets in a microwave-safe bowl with 2 tablespoons water. Microwave on high until crisp-tender. Cooking time will vary depending on individual microwave ovens, so test after 2 minutes and adjust cooking times accordingly. When finished, drain to remove excess water. Set aside.
This recipe has you buying a rotisserie chicken and the store for convenience. Alternatively, put some boneless chicken pieces into the pressure cooker to quickly make meat that is easily pulled apart.
What are some easy, go to recipes you make for your family?
Is pasta a staple in the house like my Italian family uses it?