I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
When I think of Valentine’s Day, there are certain foods that pop to mind. Chocolate is one. And, strawberries are the other. What better way to celebrate that day (or any other) than with a homemade strawberry syrup made in about 10 minutes that can be used on top a variety of items.
For Valentine’s Day, you could use the homemade strawberry syrup atop of pancakes in the morning. Dessert options are plentiful. It goes wonderfully as a topping for ice cream or on cheesecake.
Making Homemade Strawberry Syrup
The process for making homemade strawberry syrup is easy.
Gather your ingredients (chopping the strawberries if they are fresh from the store.)
Add them to a saucepan.
Simmer over low heat.
After about 10 minutes, or when it is getting frothy, your syrup is done and ready to be enjoyed.
It doesn’t get much easier than that!
Create Flavorful Strawberry Topped Brownies
Aside from on top of pancakes, I really enjoy having some of the homemade strawberry syrup poured over rich chocolate brownies. Either a scoop of vanilla ice cream or some whipped cream makes it complete.
How would you use this homemade strawberry syrup?
What is a favorite dish for Valentine’s Day?
For more Valentine’s Day ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- How to Make Rose Water by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- A Valentine’s Day Breakfast by The Guavalicious Life
- Salted Caramels by How Was Your Day?
- Valentine’s Day Krispies Treats by This Mama Loves
- Pom Pom Valentine’s Day Craft for Kids by Our Family World
- French Vanilla Raspberry Italian Cream Soda by Pretty Opinionated
- Epsom Salts DIY Valentine’s Candles by A Day in Motherhood
- Chocolate Honey Lip Scrub by The Socialite’s Closet
- Hugs and Kisses Valentine’s Cupcakes by Simply Southern Mom
- Printable Valentine’s Day Scavenger Hunt by Mom on the Side
- Box of Chocolates Cake by Kids Fun Reviewed
- Cranberry Hootycreek – Valentine’s Day Cookies by MommaDJane
- Dark Chocolate Granola by Food Fun Family
- Valentine’s Day “Love Lives Here” Decorative House Craft by Sincerely Mindy
- Hand Sewn Valentine Cards by Beyond Mommying
- No Bake Choco-Date Cookies for Valentine’s Day by Mommy Snippets
- DIY Heart Stamp for Kids by Family Focus Blog
- DIY Peppermint Chocolate Bark Favors by A Bride on a Budget
- Day Out With Daddy Jar by Sweet Lil You
- No Sew Fringed Scarf for Him – or Her! by Style on Main
- Strawberry Shortcake in a Jar by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- Valentine’s Day Oreo Hearts by Gator Mommy Reviews