I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Any which way you cut it, Thanksgiving is day where food is of utmost importance. Whether you are having a simple meal or a more elaborate spread, you need a game plan in place. This includes the need to get you Thanksgiving cooking essentials in order.
Over the years, we’ve gathered up all that we need to have a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner. But, I am always on the lookout for something I might have forgotten or something new that will make it all a bit easier.
Check out some great products that are Thanksgiving Cooking Essentials. I have the exact same apron and LOVE it. Now I am eyeing up that pie cutter to make it all uniform (which seems to be important to kids.)
Note ~ Some of the links are my personal affiliate links and will net me a small commission for any purchases made through them. Many thanks to anyone who helps support this blog through these links.
- Pink Chocolate – By the time 4pm dinner comes around, you’re going to wish you were wearing something more stylish than the crumped cook’s apron you picked up 5 years ago at the hardware store. You may not want to take this pink and brown number off to eat! This particular cute apron is not currently available, but they have a lot of awesome Women’s ApronsBuy it here.
- Butcher’s Twine – Trussing your turkey is a great way to keep it moist. Get it here.
- 2-Qt Induction Ready Stainless Steel SaucepanÂ – You might think you have enough. But what if you are simultaneously boiling water for potatoes, cooking peas, reheating gravy, and making stock from your turkey innards? What then? No worries. Restaurant supplies to the rescue. Buy now, use for years.
- 7-Inch Stainless Steel Potato MasherÂ – Never, ever, ever try to mash your potatoes in a mixer or food processor. That said, using a fork will dampen holiday spirits in no time flat. This masher has an ergonomic handle, and lots of mashing surface to make quick work of your potatoes. Get your masher here.
- Taylor Roast Meat ThermometerÂ – Don’t even mess with wing wiggling. Insert this meat thermometer into the thigh of your bird. You’re done when temperature reaches 165 degrees. Find it here.
- Rosie Spiral Whisk – That gravy you’re responsible for? Afraid of lumps? You will want to whisk as you add liquid, and if you make gravy in your roasting pan – which is really the best method – a flat whisk like this can mix in every last bit of pan dropping goodness much better than the vertical whisk you probably already have. Check it out here.
- Silicone/Cotton Pot Holder and TrivetÂ – In case you’ve taken off the mitts, because we all do, and you need to grab a pot handle, or set something hot down on a surface that needs protection. Buy it here.
- 15 inch Stainless Roasting Pan– Stainless steel is far better than aluminum for roasting pans, and, contrary to popular opinion, non-stick is the wrong choice. You won’t get a good base for gravy-making unless your drippings stick and caramelize. Make sure you choose a pan that will fit your turkey, with enough room for air circulation, but not so much space that the juices spread out and burn in the pan. Check it out here.
- Ultra Flex Kitchen Oven Mitts – Thanksgiving is prime burn time. Go all out on protection when you’re reaching into that hot oven, and across that hot stove. Don’t get burned!
- Pie Cutter – Cut at the table, with a bit of hey presto! and this one-touch pie slicer. Get it here.
- Laguiole Carving Set – The knives of French kings and queens, found in all the best restaurants, now playing at your Thanksgiving table. Beautiful wood handles, stainless blades, and a box for storing them safely until next year’s Thanksgiving. Get the carving set here.
- M’heritage Roaster w/ Cast Iron Handles & Rack – If you want the spectacular option, go for copper cladding and never look back. You can buy it here.
- Gravy Boat – Gravy is as important to the holiday as the turkey it blankets. And gravy boats, on a plate, are hands down the least messy, most attractive way to serve it. Buy it here.
What pieces do you consider to be Thanksgiving Cooking Essentials?
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Boombox Network . The opinions and text are all mine.