Well, the day has arrived and this overscheduled mama really dropped the ball.
NO shoes or stockings were left out for the boys to get a few goodies. (And, I even had some things to put IN them!)
NO party plans were finalized to invite people to come help us celebrate the day.
Instead, we are going to enjoy a viewing of the Veggie Tales St. Nicholas DVD as we added it to our collection last year.
There is also a kids corner on the Saint Nicholas Center website with lots of activities and even links to read different stories. (Sesame Street lovers will find one translated from Dutch!)
Catholic Heroes of the Faith have a nice story about Saint Nicholas of Myra to read with the kids around the computer. (We’re doing this one, too!)
And, I’m filing away ideas for next year. Jennifer over at Catholic Inspired has some great things to do with the kids for a St. Nicholas party. As there’s still some time left here, I might even make J one of the hats to wear at dinner tonight.
One thing shared in her post will be done with the boys as well tonight. And, that’s watch this video about how Saint Nicholas became Santa Claus.
What have you been doing to grow closer to Christ this Advent?
Was there any Saint Nicholas fun in your house?
This post is linked up to the 40 Days of Seeking Him Advent Season 2012 meme for week one. I hope you will come back to share more during this season of Advent.
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- Their Name is Today: Reclaiming Childhood in a Hostile World #giveaway - October 30, 2014
- Their Name is Today: Reclaiming Childhood in a Hostile World - October 30, 2014
- Buck Denver Asks…What’s In The Bible? Coloring Book - October 29, 2014
- Halloween Trunk or Treat Fun with Awesome Pumpkin Decorating Ideas - October 29, 2014
- Beyond Our Planet ~ Looking at Space - October 28, 2014