I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Do your kids love to play video games? Mine sure do! One approach for making learning fun is to create a game environment for those skills. While some seem to have little redeeming value, there are others like Minecraft which can be fun and teach important computer skills at the same time.
Note ~ We are affiliates with Educents and purchases made through the links here may net us a small commission. Thank you in advance for choosing to support Day by Day in Our World with your purchase!
Reasons Why Kids Should Learn to Code
- Ideas will become reality. If they can dream it, they can build it with a computer!
- Code is one of the world’s most used languages. Across the world, coders are using the same language to build websites and programs for others to use.
- Kids learn faster when they are young. This is evident when looking at how easily they adapt to new technology compared to their parents or grandparents.
- Coding encourages critical thinking and problem solving.
- Open your child to possibilities. With coding experience, kids can apply for computer science internships and jobs.
About Youth Digital’s Mod Design program
One great way for kids to learn how to code is using Youth Digital‘s Mod Design program. The mission of this program, and all of Youth Digital’s programs, is to empower kids to create with technology.
Minecraft kids will learn to modify the game with this year-long online course that teaches kids programming with Java™. Code their own Minecraft mod from start to finish and watch as the end result becomes a unique, shareable Minecraft mod that they built from scratch.
- For Minecraft kids ages 8 to 13 But don’t let that stop you from having an older child use it!
- Kids learn at their own pace
- Lessons are easy to follow (minimum adult help needed)
- Students must already have Minecraft for PC or Mac
Youth Digital’s courses are available at a discount on Educents.com.