I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
Like many kids, my boys love a good pizza. They’ll admit to being spoiled as I make homemade pizza several times a month. While pepperoni pizza is the classic go to, I like to change things up at times. This Cheeseburger Pizza is one such ‘experiment’ which got thumbs up from everyone.
Note ~ This post contains affiliate links.
A Few Techniques & Tools to Make Cheeseburger Pizza Easily
When making pizza at home, you need a few tools on hand.
While you can purchase pizza dough at some grocery stores, homemade dough is so much better. Our absolute favorite is Garlic Herb Pizza Crust. It can work for this recipe, but I prefer a whole wheat one more.
Unlike some pizzeria workers, I have not perfected the art of throwing dough.
Plus, in Alaska, it is sometimes too cold to do a great job of it.
So, I do my best to stretch it out by hand.
Then I use a dough roller to stretch past the edge of the baking sheet I am using. This is necessary as dough will typically bounce back a little. The Norpro Wooden Pastry and Pizza Roller is what I use.
My personal preference for Cheeseburger Pizza is to have the crust on the slightly thicker side.
So, I typically use a jelly roll pan for the slight lip to make it almost an imitation deep dish. I also have a round deep dish pan as well.
Recipe for Cheeseburger Pizza
Making pizza just requires a bit of patience.
You need to take time stretching out the dough.
And, if making this as more of a deep dish, then a longer bake time at a moderate temperature is needed. The longer bake time is listed in the recipe below as well as instructions if you want to cut the bake time down.
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb. pizza dough
- 1/2 to 1 cup of homemade sauce
- 1/2 cup shredded Mozzarella Cheese
- 1/2 cup+ of shredded Cheddar Cheese
- 1 to 1 1/2 lb. of ground beef, cooked
- Stretch the pizza dough on your pan. Make sure to stretch a little past the pan as it will bounce back some.
- Spread the homemade sauce across the top of the dough, leaving the actual edges dry.
- Sprinkle both kids of shredded cheese to they are evenly dispersed.
- Top with the ground beef.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 45 minutes, until the cheese is bubbly and the crust golden brown.
- Cool on a cooling rack for about 5 minutes. Slice and serve.
Depending up taste, you can serve this with typical cheeseburger toppings like diced bacon, shredded lettuce, and favorite condiments.
If you want it to be a little quicker, then after stretching the dough, bake it at 450 degrees for 5 minutes. Spray olive oil on top of the dough before carefully putting on the toppings. Then bake for another 15 minutes.
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 76 Total Fat: 4g Carbohydrates: 4g Protein: 6g
Do you make homemade pizza?
Is Cheeseburger Pizza something your family would love?