I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
I love to include posts that all gratitude to be expressed. So, I’m participating in just that kind of meme again this week.
Here’s my Fave Five for the past week….
(1) My wonderful husband who used 4 days of his vacation time to be a chaperone at Cub Scout camp with R and D. Grumble as he might about the time, we think he had a good time. He did say that he was quite impressed with how the camp was run, the camp staff (including the den chiefs each boy had), and the other members of the recently joined Pack. And, this mama slept better knowing he was close at hand in case the boys needed him (as neither has been away overnight without a parent before.)
(2) P stepping up to help around the house and with baby some while hubby was away.
(3) Garage sales….both to get rid of items we no longer need AND to find items we need at a discount. FREE at Home (the homeschool group for those connected to Elmendorf Air Force Base and Ft. Richardson ~ soon to be JBER under the base realignment) had a yard sale to raise funds. Many of us donated items and several of us also donated our time for sorting and selling. Our family parted with items and came home with several goodies. As the neighborhood on base where we were set up had several sales going, I took time to visit some. The favorite ‘score’ as far as my guys are concerned ~ a never used heavyweight bag. Sunday afternoon, Stephen hung it up and I’m the only one who hasn’t used it.
(4) Dentists that have ‘extras’ in place to make the experience better for all. The boys all had appointments on Wednesday and the long visit went well overall. The receptionist popped in family friendly shows on the TV in the waiting room for those hanging out there. Sugar free hot chocolate to be made while passing the time. And, the boys loved the ‘plush’ environment in back ~ TV viewing while your teeth are cleaned plus shades to wear that helped dull the bright light. They weren’t too sure about the massaging action of the chair, though. While the experience went well for them, I’m not too happy about the four cavities in D’s mouth. Like everything else, dental work up here is way more expensive than back in Ohio or Maryland.
(5) Our local phone, TV and internet provider – MTA. While they seemed to be the more expensive option for us when getting ready to move in, they are proving to be awesome in their customer service. Changes to our TV service are made without extra fees and take effect within a few hours of calling.
If you’d like to read about the other faves out there, visit this week’s Fave Five post’s Mr. Linky.