I have been, or can be if you click on a link and make a purchase, compensated via a cash payment, gift, or something else of value for writing this post. Regardless, I only recommend products or services I use personally and believe will be good for my readers.
With the TOS Crew year winding down and a small lull in activity here, I thought it might be nice to participate in a few memes during the next few weeks. I found this one , Friday’s Fave Five, through a friend’s blog. I thought a quick post on things that make me grateful this week would be a good place to start.
(1) For avenues like Freecycle to part with items we no longer need. A bunch of empty moving boxes plus a ton of paper just left our house this morning to help 2 different families move over the next few months.
(2) For days of sunshine to offset the days (like today) that are more overcast.
(3) For a husband who’ll watch a sometimes grumpy baby so I can get much needed exercise. It’s only 2 days a week when the older boys are doing karate, but it helps me a lot. I’ll miss my ‘baby free’ time when he’s off at a conference later this month. Plus, I think he’ll miss the bonding time as well. J’s much more fun at 6 months and enjoys taking walks about our new ‘neighborhood’ with dad in the jogging stroller.
(4) For the generosity of others. Yesterday we met a bunch of Catholic homeschoolers for lunch. I’d only met one of the moms prior to yesterday. We left the get together with several loaves of day old bread (the GOOD stuff from Thomas, etc.) to pop in the freezer. Also, the mom hosting gave P a fleece jacket her son had outgrown so I didn’t have to drive home to get his forgotten one for paintball. Saving 30 or so minutes of extra driving is a HUGE blessing.
(5) For all our new friends here. Most of our new friends are military families. This has its blessings and drawbacks. One new friend just shared that they got tapped to move to Florida in 3 weeks after having been here less than a year. We are so glad to have shared time with them and will miss them a bunch. Another friend didn’t even skip a beat when I asked if she’d be an emergency contact on the family registration for on post activities the boys want to do. Now I just need to find 2 more willing friends to be local contacts (which I hope will not be a challenge.)