I participated in the Andrea Bocelli “Cinema” album review program as a member of One2One Network. I was provided an album to review but all opinions are my own. #Cinema #O2O
Opera is not a musical genre that makes a regular appearance in our house. While I enjoy the phenomenal voices you find in opera, the boys just do not see the appeal. However, I think the new album, Cinema, which features the amazing voice of world renowned tenor Andrea Bocelli, may be a way to bridge the gap in our house.
Andrea Bocelli “Cinema” Album Description
Cinema is an album which pairs Andrea Bocelli’s amazing tenor voice with songs from classic movies like West Side Story, The Godfather and Gladiator. The theme songs from the movies included in this collection are familiar to many and have the power to evoke emotion within the individual.
Mr. Bocelli viewed the vast arena of movie theme songs as “an exceptional artistic treasure trove” which he longed to add his own artistic twist to in this album. He drew the analogy of how films can be seen as dream factories with the music serving to “embraces these dreams and heightens all of the magic and emotional vitality.” In other words, the music not only reinforces the themes set in the movie, but helps to bring an emotional connection to the viewer.
Here’s the list of musical selection included on the CD:
- MARIA from ‘West Side Story’
- LA CHANSON DE LARA from ‘Doctor Zhivago’
- MOON RIVER from ‘Breakfast at Tiffany’s’
- E PIU’ TI PENSO duet with Ariana Grande from ‘Once Upon a Time in America /Malèna’
- BE MY LOVE from ‘The Toast of New Orleans’
- THE MUSIC OF THE NIGHT from ‘The Phantom of the Opera’
- BRUCIA LA TERRA from ‘The Godfather’
- POR UNA CABEZA from ‘Scent of a Woman’
- NO LLORES POR MÍ ARGENTINA duet with Nicole Scherzinger from ‘Evita’
- L’AMORE È UNA COSA MERAVIGLIOSA from ‘Love is a many splendored thing’
- MI MANCHERAI from ‘Il Postino’
- CHEEK TO CHEEK duet with Veronica Berti from ‘Top Hat’
- SORRIDI AMORE VAI from ‘La vita è bella’
- HISTORIA DE AMOR from ‘Love Story’
- OL’ MAN RIVER from ‘Show Boat’
- NELLE TUE MANI (NOW WE ARE FREE) from ‘Gladiator’
My Thoughts on on Andrea Bocelli “Cinema”
Andrea Bocelli has one of those amazing voices which not only bring a song to life, but help to bring an immersion experience to each piece. Cinema has selections that not only provide entertainment value, but evoke an emotional connection within you that can haunt for a time after you have finished listening.
Truly, this is an wonderful collection for music lovers to experience.
Do you enjoy a variety of music?
Which of the movie selections in this collection do you think you’d most like?