Growing up, one of my favorite candy bars was Payday. Loads of yummy peanuts with that hint of sweetness.
Thanks to my mother in law, I now can make a mock Payday bar mix which is so easy my biggest obstacle is to not always have it at the ready.
Mock Payday Bar Mix
Ready for it…..this is so easy that you’ll be done in a mere minute or two.
Grab a bag of candy corn and a large container of peanuts. Oh, and a cup measure! That’s it.
- 2 cups peanuts
- 1 cup candy corn
- Measure out the candy corn and peanuts. We found that 1 cup of candy corn to every 2 cups of peanuts works well. Just add more in that proportion (or cut it down if making a smaller batch for snacking.)
- Toss the candy corn and peanuts in a bowl.
- Put out on the table and watch it disappear!
I have to say that candy corn on their own do NOT have me chomping at the bit. Considering how many bags you see marked down after Halloween is over, I guess others feel the same way. But, my boys are now asking me to pick up a few bags to have in the house. Somehow the candy corn mixed with the peanuts becomes a delight to the senses. I have to watch that I only eat a handful a day. Yum!
For more Fall and Halloween themed ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Pumpkin Overnight Steel Cut Oats by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Halloween Ghost Skillet Pizza by A Mom’s Take
- Halloween Treats – Witch Hats & Brooms by Mom Does it All
- Simple Halloween Chow in an Edible Bowl by 2Boys+1Girl=OneCrazyMom
- DIY Halloween Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- JELL-O Candy Corn Cups by This Mama Loves
- Halloween Candied Popcorn by Better in Bulk
- Trick or Treat DIY Bath Salts by Pretty Opinionated
- Poison Apple Halloween Drink for Kids by Ourfamilyworld
- Halloween Fudge by Upstate Ramblings
- Dollar Store DIY: Halloween Vase by MommaDJane
- Scary Halloween Bones by Jennifer Sikora
- Haunted Castle Cake by Kid’s Fun Review
- Halloween Ghost Poop Treat Bags by My So Called Balanced Life
- Witches Brew Drink Mug by How Was Your Day?
- Distressed Sugar Skull Tee by Style on Main
- Halloween Candy Apples by Savvy Saving Couple
- Gluten Free Spooky Ghost Cake by Simply Southern Mom
- Simple DIY Halloween Treat Basket by Sweet Lil You
What is one of your favorite candy bars?
Have you ever tried to imitate it?