May is in full swing and the weather in south-central Alaska has been gorgeous. Warmer temperatures mean that I want to grill more of our meal rather than heat up the kitchen. For Mother’s Day, my eldest son was grilling steak for part of our special dinner. I had some thick asparagus in the house to use which would complement the steak and shrimp scampi being made. Rather than steaming and running the risk of it being overcooked, we decided to try making Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan.
This was SO easy to do that it had me wondering why we don’t grill our vegetables more often.
Our grill master refused photos during cooking. I will share that he just placed the asparagus spears perpendicular to the grill bars and used tongs for moving them as needed. Smaller vegetables on a grill might require the use of a grill basket for vegetables (affiliate link.)
Grilled Asparagus with Parmesan
Here you can see my whole Mother’s Day meal:
Once you’ve had asparagus like this, you might never want to go back to steaming!
Have you ever used your grill for vegetables?
What other foods have you grilled instead of making in the kitchen?
For more fun creative summer ideas, check out a few of my favorite blogs.
- Iced Rhubarb Tea from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Spinach Smoothies from A Mom’s Take
- DIY Solar Lamp from Simply Southern Mom
- Strawberry Pops from Mom on the Side
- Frozen Hot Chocolate from Home and Garden Cafe
- DIY Natural Wood Planter for Father’s Day from Our Family World
- Mason Jar Dirt Pudding by Better in Bulk
- Patriotic Whoopie Pies by How Was Your Day?
- How to Make a Fairy Garden by Momma D Jane
- Make Your Own Summer Scent by Style on Main
- Cheese Stuffed Grilled Ranch Bacon Burger by Mom Does It All
- No Churn Caramel Ice Cream by My So Called Balanced Life
- Grilled Loaded Fries & Fresh Strawberry Lemonade perfect Summer snack idea by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- Picnic Perfect Patriotic Berry Trifle by About a Mom
- Easy Potato Salad by Upstate Ramblings
- DIY Flip Flops by This Mama Loves
- Build a Dinotastic Terrarium by The Guavalicious Life