January is flying by and February will be here before I know it will be Valentine’s Day. While we don’t always do something special for breakfast that day, I thought it might be nice to come up with something everyone can enjoy. So, I’m sharing a favorite muffin recipe that I have not made it quite some time….Chocolate Strawberry Muffins.
This recipe came about from the Moosewood Restaurant New Cookbook which has a generic muffin recipe that you can customize. I adore chocolate and strawberries. So, back when we still lived in Ohio I started making this combination for special occasions, either with or without chopped almonds in the mix. I found that warming them up just a little makes the flavor pop more. So, bake away, stock the freezer and then warm up on a low setting in a toaster oven to enjoy for breakfast or a snack during the day.
I hope you enjoy them as much as me!
Any favorite breakfast items for Valentine’s Day in your house?
If you’re looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special, I’m sharing a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Romantic Lavender Linen Spray from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe from My So Called Balanced Life
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s DIY Cards from Libby’s Library
- Mini Meatloves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side