January is flying by and February will be here before I know it will be Valentine’s Day. While we don’t always do something special for breakfast that day, I thought it might be nice to come up with something everyone can enjoy. So, I’m sharing a favorite muffin recipe that I have not made it quite some time….Chocolate Strawberry Muffins.
Making Chocolate Strawberry Muffins
This recipe came about from the Moosewood Restaurant New Cookbook which has a generic muffin recipe that you can customize.
I adore chocolate and strawberries. So, back when we still lived in Ohio I started making this combination for special occasions, either with or without chopped almonds in the mix.
I found that warming them up just a little makes the flavor pop more.
So, bake away, stock the freezer and then warm up on a low setting in a toaster oven to enjoy for breakfast or a snack during the day.
I hope you enjoy them as much as me!
Any favorite breakfast items for Valentine’s Day in your house?
20 Valentine’s Day Ideas
Looking for other ideas to make your Valentine’s Day a little bit more special?
Here are a few ideas from my favorite bloggers.
- Romantic Lavender Linen Spray from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Homemade Bath Salts from Momma D Jane
- Pomegranate Cherry Parfait from Upstate Rambling
- Glittered Wine Glasses from How Was Your Day?
- Sparkling Cider Etched Bottle with Love Printable by A Mom’s Take
- Valentine’s Day Breakfast Recipe by Our Family World
- DIY Heart Handwarmers by About A Mom
- Reeses Pieces Valentine Jar by This Mama Loves
- Valentine’s Day Wall Hanging by Better in Bulk
- Decadent Chocolate Cherry Cheesecake Recipe from My So Called Balanced Life
- Strawberry Cream Parfait for your Cubit from 2Boys + 1Girl = One Crazy Mom
- White Chocolate Valentine Hearts from Views from the Ville
- Valentine Love Letters Craft from Philzendia
- DIY Valentine’s Bath Fizzies from Simply Southern Mom
- Heart Shaped Oatmeal Dog Treats from Two Little Cavaliers
- Mason Jar Valentine’s Day Craft from Sunshine and Sippy Cups
- Valentine’s Class Parties from The Guavalicious Life
- Valentine’s DIY Cards from Libby’s Library
- Mini Meatloves for Valentine’s Day Dinner from Mom on the Side