Note ~ This post about our family experiencing easy breakfast times is sponsored by Tyson through Collective Bias.
What does breakfast time look like in your house?
Is everyone in a rush to get out the door and skipping having something for breakfast with balanced nutrition?
A balanced breakfast sets the stage for the whole day and I know that it is something I want for my family. After all, your body needs a dose of fuel after rising if you want to be working at a more optimal level.
Seeking Easy Breakfast Time in Our House
While we homeschool and are usually in our house during the morning hours, the boys still struggle with getting in a good breakfast some days. They often say they are not hungry, yet find themselves ‘starving’ mid-morning. This pattern carries over to the times they go camping as well. Although it might seem like a minor problem, I have found that their delayed eating or not eating of breakfast carries over into the ability to do their work.
Often, their go to breakfast is a bowl of cereal or occasionally oatmeal. While they can fix an egg, they do not go that route very often as it takes more ‘energy’ to make the breakfast. However, they do not shy from using a microwave to heat something up if it means a delicious warm breakfast. That has me looking for options I can integrate into our kitchen which are easy and quick while being able to carry them for hours before hunger strikes again.
Stocking the Kitchen for Easy Breakfast Time
I’ve found that if I have a goal in mind (in this case easy breakfasts that pack great nutritional value), I need to prepare for success. Making sure I have good options in the house for the boys to fix themselves is the best way that I can help them get that proper nutrition.
While visiting my parents’ in Louisiana, I heard about the new Tyson Fully Cooked Sausage Patties available at their local Sam’s Club. So, soon after landing there we headed over to Sam’s to pick up a package along with some ready to bake biscuits which provided the boys with low prep time breakfasts that would pack a fair bit of protein and hold them longer.
Check out the whole shopping experience in our Breakfast Time Made Easy Google + album.
Easy Breakfast Time with Breakfast Sandwiches
Whether at home or when camping, something that is warm and nutritious is a great option for breakfast. Our family has enjoyed picking up breakfast sandwiches from fast food restaurants when traveling, so we decided to make our own while still at my parents’ house as a test run for hitting the road in our new RV.
Overall, this was a ‘winner’ for an easy breakfast and one that I expect to be doing both in the RV while traveling this year or even sending the sausage patties with the boys for camping adventures. (Most of the year it gets cold at night in Alaska, so the patties would barely thaw!) I can even see the Tyson Fully Cooked Sausage Patties being a go to for a mid-afternoon snack for my growing boys.
Breakfast Sandwich Recipe
- Tyson Fully Cooked Sausage Patty
- 1 to 2 eggs
- biscuit or English muffin
- Heat the Tyson Fully Cooked Sausage Patty either in a skillet (2 minutes per side) or in the microwave (30 seconds per side on high.) Pat on a paper towel to remove any excess oils, if desired.
- While the sausage patty is warming, crack the egg(s) in a bowl, scramble and then cook omelet style in a pan. Add cheese and any desired vegetables during preparation.
- When both the sausage patty and small omelet are finished cooking, open the biscuit or English muffin and layer the sausage patty and omelet between the halves of bread product.
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- Benefits of Learning an Instrument | Keep it Affordable - August 29, 2015
- Boost Your Metabolism with SLIMQUICK - August 28, 2015
- Household Pests 101 with Orkin | Giveaway - August 26, 2015
- History and Science for High School | Stress Free Teaching - August 26, 2015
- Storage Solutions for Writing Needs | Help Erase Bullying - August 25, 2015