We try hard in our homeschool to work on formation of faith. One aspect of growing into the person God wants us to be includes the formation of virtues. I’ve done my best to try educating through example, but felt like the timing was right to implement more of a ‘program’ on virtues.
We Choose Virtues seeks to do just that ~ educate youngsters in 12 different virtues. They use four basic steps to present the information: expect excellence, explain with enthusiasm, emphasize everyday, and examine everything.
The Twelve Virtues Covered in We Choose Virtues’ program:
I have to be honest and say that I really hesitated to get started using this product. The timing of arriving around the holidays fed into the procrastination, but there was also my own personal fear that boys would think it too ‘young’ for them. P definitely felt that way (as a teen, that’s no surprise), but the others haven’t been vocal about that concern. J, of course, just likes to kidnap the virtue cards and walk around with them.
Things I like:
- Each virtue has it’s own cute character (e.g. Oboe Joe on the card for obedient.)
- The printable coloring book allows me to include J (as a toddler) in any group time on a virtue and possibly lay the foundation for the idea of living according to the virtues.
- Even though it is really aimed at preschool and younger elementary kids, I can tweak things to incorporate multiple ages.
- And, of course, I love the concepts being taught to the kids! Sometimes even adults could use a refresher course on living a virtuous life.
The Homeschool Kit includes flash cards, Kids Virtue poster, three Kids of Virtueville mini-posters, parenting cards, 25 sheet pad of Virtue User Review, 16 sheet pad of Personal Virtue Charts, The Three Rules poster, and Handbook and Coloring Book downloads all for $99.99. The 100 Days of Virtue Poster and Stickers will be included FREE with any Homeschool Kit purchase during January and February 2012. At the time of writing this, they are offering some items (e.g. the posters) on clearance to make room for a new batch of more durable posters. Make sure to look around when you check out the We Choose Virtues website.
There are two promo codes available (one per transaction, though.)
- VIRTUE15 for 15 % off the shopping cart is still available
- SHIPFREE for free worldwide shipping
Finally, you can find We Choose Virtues on Facebook where there are tips on parenting, leadership and inspiring lasting Virtue.
Disclaimer ~ Our family was provided with a downloadable copy of Virtue Clues Cards, The Teacher’s Handbook, Kids of Virtueville Coloring Book, as well as free downloads from their website: Family Character Assessment, and Kids Memory Verses, Bible Heroes & Truths. for the purpose of completing this review. No monetary compensation was provided and the opinions expressed are our own. You can read what the other TOS Homeschool Crewmates had to say about this title on the TOS Homeschool Crew blog.
Latest posts by Laura (see all)
- Improving Urinary Tract Health with HERBTHEORY - September 2, 2014
- Card Greeting Ideas For Stocking Up - September 1, 2014
- Clean Dishes, Healthy Family and Money Saved from Using Finish Dishwasher Cleaner - September 1, 2014
- Win a i-Hide Car Seat Organizer with Tablet Viewer - August 28, 2014
- Travel Made Easier with the Brica iHide Car Seat Organizer - August 28, 2014