There are times when someone is quietly reading the blog and I haven’t a clue as they haven’t commented. So, receiving a double award from another blogger who likes to read our family’s adventures is a wonderful blessing for me.
Janie at Hoo Goes Where awarded me with the following awards:
Like I said, I am honored to have someone think of me and appreciate the ‘work’ I put into the blog. And, I gladly accept the awards….
As part of the process, I need to share 7 things about me. Hmmmm…what to share, what to share….
- I’m starting my 4th year on the TOS Homeschool Crew. It was a tough decision whether to reapply or not and could have gone either way. The boys, however, urged me to keep going as they typically enjoy the product reviews and have found some of their favorite products through our time on the Crew.
- I’m starting to get a wee bit scared of having a high school student to homeschool. Curriculum selection is going slow, but steady. However, I’m more concerned about his unwillingness to buckle down and do the work than my ability to plan it all out.
- More scary than the idea of a high school homeschool student is the thought of having to send him TO school if he won’t work for me.
- I recently noticed that I have the hands I remember my mom having at this age. If I thought moisturizers would take away the look, I’d seriously consider it. Guess I have a wee bit of a vain side to me….
- I like Alaska more than I thought I would. (There…I’ve said it….and just might be coming off the fence.) However, if we have a serious lack of sun again this summer I might have to reconsider!
- I’ve come to realize that I have a hard time just throwing things out. I’m taking way more time to clean up the boys’ messes in hopes of reuniting all the pieces of different items (e.g. games, bionicles, etc.) If I could afford it, I’d seriously consider hiring out the task of clean up to someone else that isn’t attached.
- Finally, I have decided that I like food too much to diet my way into a slimmer size. Not that I gorge on anything or eat a completely unhealthy diet…. I just can’t give up things like chocolate on a daily basis.
Okay…there’s the seven rambling items from me.
Now, to pass along the awards!
The ‘rules’ are simple…grab the pretty blog award button and accept the award in a post linking back to me ideally. Share 7 things about you with your readers and then pass along the award to some deserving bloggers. (I won’t take offense if someone given an award by me does not want to play along. But, I’d love to learn a bit more about you as well as see who you pass the award onto in your post. )
The Stylish Blogger Award goes to:
Trish @ A House Upon the Rock works wonders with visual appealing posts.
Nikki @ Chef in Training is a recent addition to my blog reading. I’m afraid I’ll regain all my lost weight reading her posts. But, they look soooo good and D wants to make most of them now!
Jen @ Forever, For Always, No Matter What is someone I’ve just started reading, but love her blog already.
Liz @ Holy Family Classical Academy Love the recent post about their family’s latest addition.
Pam @ Over 50 Feeling 40 I want to look that good in my 50s!
The Sunshine Award goes to a few bloggers that bring a smile to my face:
Happy Elf Mom @ Homeschool and Etc. shares so freely from life with challenges I can only imagine as well as bringing a unique sense of humor to posts on more serious topics.
Catherine @ Our Village is a Little Different is just a wonderful blogger and friends from the TOS Crew who is always shining her light even amid challenges thrown at her.
Angie @ Pebblekeeper is another fellow TOS Crewmate with lovely posts that bring me peace absorbing her local scenery
Sister Tipster @ Tellin’ It! has spunk and lays it all out there for us in the realm of homeschooling and beyond. So glad to have worked with her on the TOS Homeschool Crew in the past.
Kat @ The Crescat introduced me to the term snarky on her blog and now I’m educating others on it’s meaning if I use it.
There you have it…I hope some of my readers might find a new blog or two to frequent.