During this time of year, we have far more dark than light in Southcentral Alaska. Stumbling about in halls or stairwells is not quite safe for the boys. And, we are trying to avoid putting on all the overhead lights that might enable quick movement through the house. So, we utilize night lights throughout our house.
We’ve had the traditional night lights with the candle like bulbs in the past. Then, we moved into the LED lights that have more of a glow than a burn.
We were able to try out a night light from Purely Products that uses very little electricity and has a built-in ionizer. That ionizer puts out negative ions to help clean the air (removing dust mites, pollen, mold spores and other allergens.) With allergy problems in the house, anything that might reduce allergens is most welcomed. While I initially considered putting it into Little J’s room, I ended up placing the light in the main bathroom.
The light output is great (a little bit more than the older LED light we had placed in that room originally.) It comes on when needed and goes off when the main light is turned on (or we have light coming through the blinds…for all of a few hours each day.) Also, the night light provides just the right amount of light without overwhelming my more light sensitive sleepers.
You can purchase a single Purely Products Healthy Night Light for $19.95 or get a two pack for $29.95. Each light is guaranteed for 2 years with an anticipated working life of 35, 000 hours, so you should get a lot of use out of each one. Also, a significant portion of every Purely Products purchase benefits diaperlove – – a non profit organization providing diapers to children in need.
This is a Mama Buzz review. I was provided with one Purely Products Healthy Night Light for the purpose of completing this review.