Well, I am all signed up for the TOS Homeschool Expo and can hardly wait for it to begin. Thankfully, they know just how inpatient some of us can be and have their free ‘goodie’ bag stuffed full and ready to download just moments after you register. They also have a nice attendee ‘handbook’ to download that gives you all the crucial information you need about the expo.
Now, if you’ve never attended an online conference or expo, you might be wondering WHY would you do this. Well, here are some of MY reasons for attending online events like the TOS Homeschool Expo.
1. You don’t have to go anywhere or worry about what to wear! That might seem like a silly reason, but considering how hard it can be to get out of the house looking ‘normal’ it is a reason for me.
2. Since you don’t have to drive somewhere, you can save money! No paying for gas to get somewhere, parking fees, or any food that might need to be bought on site. A few in person conferences I have worked booths at in the past have all of that included in the cost of attending.
3. The early bird pricing at $19.99 for the Expo makes this a fantastic bargain. Some of the regional conferences I have worked in the past charge a LOT more to attend (and one was basically a big shopping place with NO speakers!)
4. The freebie pack given to attendees of the TOS Homeschool Expo has something for just about everyone! I know that for me, the Download and Go! Amelia Earhart ebook from TOS and the Penguin Pack from In the Hands of a Child have a combined retail value greater than the cost of a ticket at the early bird pricing. And, those are just TWO of the items you can download for free as an attendee.
5. If something happens and you can’t attend the sessions live, you still get to hear ALL the sessions at YOUR convenience! This is a HUGE thing for me. I still have several audios from past online events that I can pull out for my own education. Considering how some speakers cram a LOT of great information into their talk, having the ability to listen as often as needed is priceless.
The list could probably go on if I thought about it some more. Not sure if it’s a good fit for you? Well, take a look at who’s speaking and what some of the other freebies are for attendees. There are also door prizes that will be given out during the live sessions.
Early bird pricing is available through March 31st. After that date, it goes up to $24.95 per attendee.
Disclaimer: I am an affiliate with both The Old Schoolhouse and In the Hands of a Child. Purchases made through links in this post will provide my family with a small credit.